Viva Skeg Vegas, Saturday 17th March 2007

skeggyvegas.jpg

just posting up the dates for this , myself and my friend toby in conjunction with the x-site skate park in skegness are putting together a new event for 2007 and hopefully years to come,

the show is opened to both air and water cooled vw's (im trying to get the watercooled sid eof things done and toby doing the air side), most of the details are on the flyer above, but heres a few more details......

' show and shine '

there is going to be classes for this, 'water cooled' and 'air cooled' there will be throphies for best of each class, and furthest travelled of each class of those entered into the show and shine.

' food '

the x-site skate park has its own cafe which will be serving hot/cold drinks and food , but there are mc donalds and plenty of chip shops and pubs etc all with in a stones throw !!

' skatepark '

people attending the event will be offered discounted entry to the skatepark, there is boards/bmx's avaialbe for hire or bring your own!

' trade stands '

now dont go expecting a 'gti international' kind of line up, we are currently looking at getting a few to come along, any one interested please email kidrocc@easy.com the pitches are £15

' autojumble / swap meet '

as above really, bring any bits you'd like to sell / swap , who knows you may find that part youve been looking for!! pitches for this are £15

' raffle '

there is going to be a raffle, tickets will be £1 each but the prizes are great!!, at the moment we have magazine subscriptions, £100 gsf voucher , Golf Gti ' ANSA' rear silencer , t shirts , skatepark membership , stickers and more!! ill update this as i know the details of the other donated prizes we have.

as you will see there IS NO ENTRY FEE !!! to this event, we have public liability insurance sorted and council permission for use of the land along side the x site skate park and overflow area, we have room for approx 120 cars, if alot more turn up then the normal council car park is allowed to be used (same area) but cars must have a valid pay and display ticket!!

any body wishing to reserve spaces for club stands etc please contact me kidrocc@easy.com to reserve a slot and the number of cars you roughly will be displaying,

THE X-SITE SKATE PARK WAS BUILT WITH LOTTERY FUNDING, AND IS A NON PROFITABLE ORGANISATION, ALL FUNDS RAISED FROM THIS EVENT WILL GO TOWARDS PHASE 2 OF THE SKATEPARKS EXTENSION , X-SITE SKATE PARK IS A REGISTERED CHARITY , ill post details when i get the reg number!

' skegness '

i can only describe Skegness as a clean 'mini Blackpool' , its on the east coast and has a wide range of things to do! we held 'kite fest last year, the beach is fast and flat and windy so if your into kitting come along, you will have use of the changing/shower facilities at the skatepark, so if your travelling to this event why not think of making a night of it also?? find in the list of links below a few hotels, these are very good and come highly reccommended, but there are bed and breakfasts available this time of year for £15 upwards, but you do get what you pay for!!

thanks for spending the time reading this, hope to see a few old faces come along and some new ones!! would be nice to get this popular so we can possibly create a bigger event next year!! so this time of year with not an awful lot going on why not get them vw's out and come for a drive to the coast!!

Skatepark website

http://www.xsiteskatepark.co.uk/

a couple of hotels

http://www.information-britain.co.uk/showPlace.cfm?Place_ID=31459

http://www.royalrenaissance.co.uk/

i will try and have a word with the above possibly regarding a discount to anyone attending the show???

Sponsers and raffle prize donations are welcome ,anyone requiring more information etc please contact me at kidrocc@easy.com

thanks again

Gaz and the Viva Skeg Vegas Crew

• 2 weeks later...

im going to ultimate dubs aswell!!! i dunno people moan theres nothing going on for ages (winter) then a load of stuff comes along at once!! nevermind, hey earwig anychance you could post a bit about this in the vr6oc events bit?? i didnt want to go in there and do it with out permission and stuff.... there maybe a few vr6 peeps local to this that wanna put a little clubstand kinda thing on??

cheers if yas could!!

Gaz

Will go one better and move this post to there ;-)

No problems with you posting in there, there are alot of shows out there to keep track of and we usually attend the big ones that are recurring every year, we will also take a look at places we have not been before....

If people are interested then we can arrange from there. :-)

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

last time ill prob be able to bump this as im so busy sortin/settin it all up!!

just done a good extra write up on pvw forum, so if you need extra details check there....

cheers folks and hope to see yas there... im gaz and ill be the 6'4" geeze on the main gate with the yellow hair and spike earrings.... lol... so say hello and where yas from...

hope to see a few of yas there folks

Gaz

had confirmation tonight that golf + mag reporters / snappers are in town in a b+b ready for tomorrow.... so come along....this is gonna get a good write up

plus other vw mags will be attendance but these are deffo confirmed as there there ready!!!

hope to see you there !! cant wait till the morning!!

Gaz

Another weekend, another early start. If I had known that buying a VR6 would decimate my weekend lay-ins I wouldn't have bothered. ( Yeah right!).

Tne 6:30 alarm call wouldn't have been too bad if I hadn't been up at 4 to watch the F1 qualifying. The drive to Skegness was straight forward but the casualty stats for the A52 are frighting; 6 deaths in Jan and another 10 in Feb. Fenners must use it like a local Nurburgring!

It was a good show though. Very well attended, especially by air cooled. Some minters. Good to see 'Dusty' in good hands.

Very windy all day but the cloud of the morning broke during he afternoon and I even managed to flaunt my polo shirt.

The winner of top water cooled was very well deserved, a lovely sky blue Polo. Top air cooled, and also best in show, went to a shiny black bus. Not my choice, but then I'd voted before it turned up and I prefer hobbie shiny over professional shiny.

It does make me feel more special when in amongst 2 car parks full of VWs only 5 where VR6s. To feel more special I'd have had to have had an original type 34 Kharmann.

With a start like that it's going to monster in a year or two.

My camera screwed up my pictures. All I've got are some of a chaved up Saxo I found as I wondered around Skeg :-(

TG

bummer your cam screwed up goth!! your a genuine nice guy mate!!

thanks for all the comments hopefully it will turn into something bigger!!

watch this space mate

Gaz

oh yeah there is some pics on www.vwwold.co.uk forum as i didnthave time to get any!!! lost me voice though doin all that mic stuff!! great to put name with face etc

catch yas again soon goth

:)