[moved] Do I need a new ABS pump & modulator?

Guest Cleetus

I've had a nightmare sorting the brakes on my 6, the pedal hit the floor after she broke down (Coil), since then I have fitted a new master cylinder and run 3 itres of fluid throught the system (pressure bled). My local garage seems to think I need a new ABS unit (pump & mod)?? Help me, I have found a few around 120 quid for the whole system, but I don't want to spend any more money if its not needed, any advice would be fantastic at the mo!

Guest Cleetus

When I bought the new master cylinder it came with a new O ring which was fitted by a good mate whos a mechanic, he said that the abs units on VAG cars are the most reliable parts on the car? The true extent of this problem is that I'm being forced to drive a fiat tipo and its sucking my will to live! I'm not losing fluid and if you hit the pedal hard she stops on a penny, gradual braking is soft and the pedal hits the floor? When my mate bled the system he said that she was holding pressure on the pedal when one side was bled, but after the entire system was done the pedal softened again. Maybe a diagnostic test will kick up some error codes, but the test lights go out 5secs after starting as always.