Cardata - Dodgy Sales Company

Be wary of this company if anyone gets contacted by them - usually if you are advertising on autotrader.

I am sellling my girlfriends car when they rung up and gave me the hard sale. They tell you everything you want to hear, but the grounds for their promises are spurious.

I was a mug - I paid them £80 to sell the car for its asking price.

Dont let them do the same to you. &|

They phoned me when i was selling my MK3 GTi. I became wary when the bloke said "obviously you've priced it to sell asap". When in fact i was trying to extort £4,500 from some poor mug!

They made some big promise to sell it for the asking price within two weeks. They say they have a list of buyers ready from their links with finance companies like Yes Car Credit.

I was suspicious that anyone would go through a dodgy finance company to buy an eight year old car.

Luckily i decided not to use them.

If i was you Al, i'd phone them twice a day every day and keep pestering them. Also if they don't sell it for you report them to the office of fair trading.

[ Edited Thu Jul 01 2004, 01:06PM ]

jte I had the same thing when I sold my gti... them and another company whos name I forget. They both said theyd seen my ad in autotrader and had a list of people looking for a car like mine. So I said hopefully one of those people would look in autotrader and see my ad as well ;)