Exhaust Nightmare

Not long had my vr6 But the idiot that had it before has fitted a Remus bax box and Racing centre pipe, Its that load that it sets off car alarms around it, Im even not enjoying driving it at the monment I get to about 3'000 revs and change as its that load! Just want some advice on exhaust, I want one that allows me to enjoy the sound of my v6, Even thought about just buing a standard system. Please Help

I've got a Milltek. Not overly loud at all but sounds good when you floor it but you can quite easily cruise at 80 or 90 and it's not much louder than stock - unless of course you floor the pedal over 3k revs but it sounds more like an aston martin than a chav saxo and you can still clearly hear the v6 with it. Very good quality and fitted perfectly.

When i got the exhaust for mine i wanted something very subtle in noise. So i opted for a custom longlife one as they were the only company i could fine that would fit a 3 box system as per standard. The note of the exhaust isn't loud but a nice deep base tone and ideal for motorway driving with the family.

A lot of the after market ones use a 2 box system.

A lot of the guys do have Miltek etc and all seem to enjoy them. There are other threads on here which will be worth a read as they cover others experiences!

http://www.longlife.co.uk/

I will be loking at these also (Longlife) as they also come with a lifetime G and you do not have to have it serviced yearly. Also good qulity 2inch Tig welded systems. Have alook and see where you go! It is always down to personal preference at the end of the day ;)