Right Ive just spoken to the fella doing my head rebuild and he says that two of my exhaust valves have stem wear. He said that they aren't to bad and could compensate with the appropriate guide liner. He also told how much it was going to cost me, a grand basically! But I believe he is going to do a very good flow job, well it wants to be for that sort of money!

He told me that new exhaust valves are £100 or something silly because there sodium filled! I was a bit concerned about spending this sort of money and not replacing the exhaust valves for them to burn out after a few thousand miles!

He had a look at his supplier for racing valves but the vr6 wasn't listed. Does anyone know where I could get some aftermarket racing valves fairly cheap? There are some listed on GSF web site, but there only £8 + vat so I don't really know what the quality would be like in comparison?

maybe I should just stick with the original valves, as its already going to cost me an arm and a leg?

He did say that after hes finished with it I should get it remapped straight away, which is more money lol !

I phoned VW today and the exhaust valves are only £20.49 inc, so that's not bad at all. And with my Dad working at Audi I get genuine parts discounted which is even better!

I'm just a bit concerned with how much he is charging me for the work!

£ 476 ) For a rebuild with all new valve liners, five angled inlet and three angled exhaust.

£608 ) As above but with new special guides if the old ones cant be bored.

£480 ) The flow work to the lower inlet mani and head.

Right Ive ordered a set off exhaust valves o.e. I spoke to the guy today and he has managed to bore out the old guides to fit these liners -

http://www.cylinderheadshop.co.uk/K-line.html

So the jobs costing me £907 plus the price of the valves. If you think about it, its £480 for the flow work and the rest of the work needed to be done anyway!

When I told him my concern of the flow cost he assured me that it would be to a higher standard than other places that would just clean the ports out and slap a gas flowed badge on it! He is also carrying out more flow work to the lower inlet mani than had already been done by Micheal Herman when it was port matched. He said there was still more to be gained from it.

Im hopeing that with all the mods brought together and meshed with a quality remap from Vince will produce a pleasing result?