hi people, slight prob could do wit some help on.

Just fitted a K&N 57i on my 97 vr6, all went together a treat, looks brill n sounds it too.

But now i get a hell of a crack/ pop/ backfire from the engine and lack of power on occations.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

thanx

martin

Does it sound weird and pop as though it is at the front right but in the exhaust at the same time? Especially when you accelerate from stand still? mine did that when my tb and maf plug were fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. If your maf plug and wires are all taped up undo the lot and check the wiring, mine were done by a blind kid with no electrical nonce. Re-solder, re-tape and away you go.

Cams can make a car pop a bit in the exhaust esp when you go down to a low gear or let your foot off the throttle...but that is overlap leading to unburnt fuel. You shouldn't lose power though and the popping is only slight. Sounds like you have something else going on. Do you have any other mods? Def sounds like you unburnt fuel for some reason. If you're near Stealth they should check your car on their rolling road and sort your prob out straight away.

thanx 4 the help ppl, think i found the prob after looking through some other topics, i poped the bonnet last nyt after scaring ppl with the loud backfireing(was funny) 2 c wot i could c and saw the little blue sparks were the coil pack is arcing, so will b in the garage sorting it 2moro nyt instead of bein in the pub,lol

thanx again