Getting cams fitted

There is a school of thought that the existing cams and parts will have worn in to its surroundings (comfy shoe and another foot doesn't fit) so change em all.

There's also the If it aint broke....

All I can suggest is if you have the budget why not replace all associated gear. Gives you peace of mind for the next 100k miles.

If the budget is limited then whilst the tops off check all those parts whilst you can get to them, and replace the bits that need it or tend to wear by 90-100k. Then run the new and old parts in well to let them bed in and give you the best chance of another 100k miles trouble free

I hope this helps 8-)

oh yeh deff change the rocker cover gasket. and u may need a new sprocket for the exhaust side cam, the nut was in there on mine was soooo tight. i took it to a friend who has an engineering company, we put it in a massive vice, with the biggest tools, and broke 3 tools before the nut came out. had do cut and drill it out demolishing the cam lol

the spare engine im rebuilding in the garage also had the same problem. but i just left that one for now.

you might not come accross this problem i did my mates cams, and there was no problem, half drive and a long bar done it but just incase...

sprockets from vw are about 29 + vat i think, and give you chassiss number cos theres 2 types