mk2 vr6 vs R32

Agree with the above, my gf has a AmD st2 R32 and it'll do a 14.5 1/4 easily. Mind you, we had a bit of a race along a duel carriageway when my mk2 was a 180bhp 16v and from 80-120 leptons there was nothing in it.

Oioi Gary... I was wondering when you'd show up here :)

I've done a 14.4 in my mk2 :)

I'd say it's pretty close all the way along. We've followed a tweaked R32 from some traffic lights and were quite suprised by how slowly it got going... As said once moving theres bugger all in it.

im with markiev6....pissed all ova a r32 of the lights and the gave a good thrashing on the long straight (A444 in cov) leading to the m6 have some roundabouts between the long runs...man i was like a cat who got the cream..kinda shocked tho i would have expected to get beat and i knw he was trying as he was justa s side ways throught the roundabouts as i was

I'd say it's pretty close all the way along. We've followed a tweaked R32 from some traffic lights and were quite suprised by how slowly it got going... As said once moving theres bugger all in it.

Hi Russ, I agree ! Claire's had the 264 Schricks fitted in her R32 now, it goes very well :)

• 9 months later...

Hi Russ' date=' I agree ! Claire's had the 264 Schricks fitted in her R32 now, it goes very well :)

[/quote']

Is 14.4 classed as "goes very well"???? I achieved this with nothing more sinister than a Mk1 with a 2.0 16V. Currently building another Mk1 with a VR6 engine conversion. I thought getting into 13s would be more like the R32 performance? Was it at a recognised drag strip, with a decent track and proper timing gear etc???

I think I went against an R32 at some stage, I could have a rummage through my timing slips if you like....

EDIT: Just found them - don't quote me on this because I can't remember exactly the car was and I have no idea if it had mods, but I think it was Mk4 R32. I achieved 14.54 and he achieved 14.23. It was car H27 at GTI Festival.

I'd say mid-low 14s should be classed as "goes well" for a front drive car :)

In my case it was my first ever drive at the strip and the car was straight off the road with crap in the back etc... I'm sure a decently driven healthy mk2vr could break 14s - I'm not sure how much you could get from an R32 - they are too damned heavy!

• 1 year later...

ive raced a few r32's in my 2.9vr6 mk2....from the start its extremely close up until about 30mph then me vr pulled away from the r32....its down to the power to weight thing i guess.....

what i particularly enjoy is dustings r32's and letting them see the original 16v badge on back of the car.....if they ask i just say its a old skool thing!!!