got a scrapin sound cumin frm my o/s rear disc wen drivin along at slow speed(can only hear wiv window down) rear pads look like their very worn so im gona replace them this w/end,just thought id ask if theres ne special tools i will need 2 do it as ive never dun rears b4,also ne common probs people av encounted doin them... ? dun fronts 2 weeks ago which were pi*s easy,how much harder r the rears?

cheers guys

I had a ruddy great pear of beak type plyers.

Oh and don't forget to take the top of your reservoir to make it easier Just watch it doesn't overflow so take your time or get a m8 to watch whilst you squeeze.

If you can, check your disks whilst there & if doin disks at the same time might I suggest you put new bearings in as makes nicer job rather than pushing back over the old ones. (also bearings less than a tenner)

Wishing you more luck than I had. I Started my discs and pads all round this weekend and My bolts have well and truly seized :@ (li) :@ so will be drilling and tapping them out when I can find the courage.

Gring the heads off, that is what my mechanic done. Grind the heads off and once you can get it off use a good quality stud extractor to remove the remnants of the bolt.

However the state of his overalls was not good, there were hot rock burns everywhere and he was not in a good mood when i picked the car up! and he had a ramp, so good luck getting a grinder and your head in the wheel arch!!!!