hi all, only just got my vr6 and upto now all has been great, starts fine hot or cold and pulls all the way through, but this morning i went out in the car first thing after some heavy storm rain and when i puit my foot down in 3rd gear it was really hesitating, in fact it wouldnt accelerate, i had to back off back into 2nd and then accelerate and then back into 3rd, after this it never happened again, any ideas what the fault could be??

was thinking poss damp in the coil just wondered if anyone else has had this fault

cheers

when was the last full service?

could be any of the following:

leads

afm

coilpack

old plugs/loose plugs

cam sensor

get it on a diagnostics machine, if its the afm or cam sensor it will come up as a fault code....

if not, id bet my money on leads. i may be wrong but im jus talkin from the past experiance i had.

hope this helps

i fully serviced in on saturday' date=' funny tho as thats when it all started happening lol, ill get it hooked up tomoz when im in work

cheers

[/quote']

did you use the toll when u took the leads out or did u pull them out by hand? may have dammaged a lead.

also check plugs are tight, not too tight so it damages the thread on the head, but so the new washers on the plugs slightly sqaush if you kno what i mean. i think its 25nm if im not mistaken.

i didnt change the plugs, i was in the process of fitting my coilovers and headlights and when it came to the plugs i couldnt remove the first lead so i thought sod it ill leave it for now, although when i bought the car there is a receipt for new leads fitted. i have the tool but it didnt fit the plug cap so i left it for now

Could still be worth checking all 6 plugs are 'fully' tightened. When I first got my VR I got it in for a full service at a VW main dealer. BIG mistake. They neglected to fully tighten up EVERY single one of my 6 plugs...leading to hesitation, especially when cold before work and after. Basically when the engine had warmed up (the metal expanded) and the symptoms went away. I was positive it was the coil pack or leads but was a very simple fix. But certainly never trusting my car with a main dealer since then.