just bought vr6 and have some questions.

hey guys just bought my vr6 highline last night and its a really nice car but i have a few qs.. dont really know where to post this either lol

when i came to start it this morning it didnt start very well but on the 2nd turn it started then idled a bit rough/high for a bit then settled down after a few secs or so... is this normal? once i ran the car around the block for 30 secs it ran fine.

the central lockign doesnt work, is this a common fault ifso is there a common cure lol?

the drivers seat doesnt lean forward properly something to do with the cable.

the steering wheel tilts a few mm up or down even when locked in place, feels like the rack/column needs to be tightened up or something..

??? i can feel it in the clutch too when i move the steering wheel.

one more thing. the abs light doesnt come on. doh forgot to check it last night. damn i could have haggled a bit more. is this just because of the sensors? or is there some more serious problems some times? when i put it in for mot will they deffo check this? oh and how do i know if i have abs? i shud think it would as it has aircon, heated leather, trip computer etc.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

john

you do have ABS hence why you have a light for it. i have spare abs light and internals, you will need them to pass an MOT i belive.

My last vr6 didnt start very well turned out to be the starter motor (30 off ebay)

not sure on the steering wheel and seat problems never heard of them before. maybe need greaseing? lol just a guess

central locking is probaly the motor wich i have also spare ;-)

Hi mate. Have you checked the steering wheel adjuster lever to the left of the steering wheel? Make sure it is fully tight. It could be that it is slightly loose allowing the steering wheel to move slightly up and down. Re the ABS light it should come on momentarily when you turn the engine on and then go out. Best bet is to check the fuse (test by using one of the other fuses) and if it still doesn't work try a new bulb. If you are in doubt of anything ring The Phirm (in the south) or Stealth Racing (in the midlands)...both of these garages are the best in the UK when it comes to the VR6 and far cheaper but far far more experienced than main dealers. Either will give very good advice over the phone mate and if you're local they will look at it for you mate. Has the car been modified in any way, and does it have a full service history?