power through the bulk head for amplifier?

i used to have a clio and was a cliosport member, and they used to have pictured documentation on showing you how to do the basics,

and was just wondering if there was anythin like that for the golfs? if not can some one just quickly tell me best place to get the power through the bulk head on a highline?

thanks

h3

No problem if you look below your expansion bottle (right hand side near bulkhead.) You will see a rubber gromit about 2.5" in diameter if you remove this and make a hole in the middle of it you can poke your power cable through it. The end will then came through bulkhead in car under neath passenger side glove box. Just remember to seal round the hole in the grommet with sealer and refit the grommet into the bulkhead. Job done.

• 1 year later...

Anyone got any pics? There's a round rubber grommit behind the expansion tank that looks to pass into the pollen filter area and then there's a major one below with a few other wires in it.

I took out the lower glove box but couldn't see where it would come through... TIA :D

• 3 weeks later...

I took the lower glove box and tried feeding the cable through from the engine bay but couldn't see it appear behind the glove box. Which grommit are people using - there seems to be 3 possibles!

[lightbox=../../e107_files/public/1190737390_2656_FT132656_dsc04273.jpg]1190737390_2656_FT132656_dsc04273_.jpg[/lightbox]

• 1 month later...