Supercharger with 268 cams? can it be done with suitable mapping?

easi guys and girls

iv heard from some people its not good to run the 268 cams with supercharger.... (not that i dont value there opinions but)....

is it because it will cause damage or just not work aswell (not as much torque)?

what if i was running say 6psi with 268 cams and it was taken to say vince at stealth?

cheers :)

I spoke to Vince just last week about this very issue. He's fitting a VF Stage 2 (8PSi) charger to my VR next month, and I already have 268s fitted.

Vince said that the charger and 268s will work together with a suitable custom map, but running the 268s on a 'charged VR will sacrifice a lot of low-down torque in favour of a bit more top-end power. Such a setup would only start to pull hard above 4000RPM.

For maximum driveability on the road, we determined it was better to put the standard cams back in. The 268s can then be sold off to help towards remapping costs!!

If you want maxiumum torque from a charged VR, the Schrick 248SC cams are the best choice. It's a shame Schrick don't have an exchange scheme!!!!

tell me about it £500 a go....

so are you gona put your standard cams back in? or stick with the 268's?

i would have thought with a charger, low down torque would have been quite good anyway, plus itl help get traction and once your moving, off you go at 4000rpm??

im unsure what to do now...

Vince mapped my VR last Friday. I run 268s and stage 2 charger. There is a definite surge in power when the cams come in which suits me fine. I intend to leave them in until I can see for myself that they are loosing me power. Besides I have never driven it any other way so don't know what I am missing anyway. Injectors where leaning off after 5.5k due to poorly fuel pump but I saw one run at 293 bhp and theres loads of torque because its a 3.0.