Ta kev. I actually ordered a set of Denso's this afternoon, but the sodding spark-plugs.co.uk website was crap and crashed as I entered my online payment. I spoke to a nice lady on the phone from spark-plugs and she cleared everything up and popped them in the post today so they should be here Friday.

I'm putting my 24lb/250cc injectors back in at weekend and getting the car re-mapped on the 18th, so I thought I'd stick some decent-ish plugs in while I had the Schrick off, hopefully something that will compliment the charger.

Jules

Nice one Jules. The iridium plugs are fine for Schrick use as it extends the service interval. They don't give you any more power or make the engine run any differently, they just last longer. In fact, irdidiums are perfect for Supercharger use as normal plugs can suffer from spark blow-out when you really gun it.

When I had my MK2 16V Turbo, I *had* to use iridiums or platinums otherwise the turbo would literally blow the spark out when on boost! I used Audi S3 plugs.

[ Edited Fri Jun 11 2004, 06:42PM ]

Short answer is yes - the Iridiums give a much more concentrated spark and reduce the chance of mis-fires.

With the standard Bosch FR8LDC plugs installed, I actually noticed a marked difference when I lessened the gap on my plugs (dont forget I have an SC running 8psi max).

So for me, I found that spark quality had an effect on my power, but it required something outside of the manufacturers recommended settings (for a normally aspirated VR6) to achieve this.

Jules