Hey all,

Just had some FK Koningsport coilovers fitted and when the garage went to do corner weights and alignment, they noticed the body wasn't truely inline.

Anyway, cut a long story short....I cant lower the car as much as I want to cos the passenger side front wheel has positive camber and the others are all pretty neutral. The car is pulling left due to this and if I could have -1/2 degree camber set on all wheels they will fit into the arch correctly and allow me to lower it just a little more.

This is where the dilema starts...the machy (mechanic) tells me, you cant set camber on the car....infact he says you cant set camber on any cars? Now, I'm not the most technical guy around but I could have sworn since my fisrt Mk2 and caddy days in the early 90's I had my camber and toe set when I've done alignment....how else would they do it?

Please advise.....can a Mk3 VR6 have the camber set?

Cheers,

PERV

the camber can be set but it is very hard to get right' date='as you need to put all together to measure it and as you tigten the bolts it moves ,the ajustment is where the strut joins hub assembly (i used lolcal ats to measure and then set tracking. but i had to set camber,it took 6 times on then off ramps pull to bits and adjust before i was happy ,good job i know the lads there as they only charged me for one tracking)is worth the effort to get right

ps if your kit is new ,i found it a bit harsh but it softens a bit after a month

[/quote']

Cheers boys....thought I wasn't losing my mind, but didn't want to make a scene in his shop if I wasn't 100% certain. Popped passed a local fitment centre in Hatfield and he confirmed all your thoughts, only the front is adjustable...which will do for me. However, his machine has been down for 6 months so I'll need to find a place where I can have it done....any ideas in HatField, St Albans area?

Once again, thanks all for your replies.....

Ciao,

PERVERT

Not too sure as I've not had to do it yet. but i know there is a performance company in watford who will build Jap cars to your spec / drift cars etc. so they may have one or will know where to go in this area to sort it out.

Here's their link http://www.hertsperformance.co.uk/ if you fancy giving them a call. Not sure if it's a bit far tho' Hope it helps

Cheers and good luck