Black Corrado VR6 - 400hp+ Rotrex... Updated on Page 12

thats cany impressive im only looking at around 300 with my v9 almost maxed out think i mite go for one of them my comp is alredy 9:1 off a spacer plate so would be rude not to

what sort of power would you expect with a 70mm pully?

cheer john

my old v9 with 12psi pully made 337hp so compression and pistons etc will be fine, cooling is always good you want to be blowing cool air in makes so much difference on boost loss

not sure what 70mm will do be interesting though will update once i get the numbers

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

just been watching your video of your car boosting and its made me so excited to get mine, your car sounds mental i bet its a handful

what size pully do you have to make 430bhp im goin to buy a setup with a 70mm pully on it but i dont think my car would take that

just been watching your video of your car boosting and its made me so excited to get mine' date=' your car sounds mental i bet its a handful

what size pully do you have to make 430bhp im goin to buy a setup with a 70mm pully on it but i dont think my car would take that

[/quote']

mine is a c30-94 with a 80mm pulley boost is 18psi

might be going 70mm pulley soon since my bottom build with wossner pistons & h-beam rods :-)

started to put it all back together yesterday

03VR6WossnerPistons.jpg

150.jpg

HI' date='

Sorry ti Hijack the thread....Have you got any pictures of the top cam pulleys with the chain on....I'm trying to work out if I have the cam sensor pick up missing from mine....Is the cam an OBD II car. ?

[/quote']

got this pic if it helps

029TimingChains.jpg

So would you be selling the pulley when you upgrade as I might be tempted. I should be ok as im running same charger as you with spacer plate and ARPs.

Only if it would be reliable and not blow

Yeah will sell it what pulley you running now - what boost you at

So would you be selling the pulley when you upgrade as I might be tempted. I should be ok as im running same charger as you with spacer plate and ARPs.

Only if it would be reliable and not blow

Yeah will sell it what pulley you running now - what boost you at

not 100% sure which pulley I have. the guy I bought it from said it was the 6psi pulley, and still dont have boost gauge inplace. Job for Thursday i think

excellent thanks...

Do you know why yours is different to this ? I'm trying to work out if I have a problem with the sensor ring !!!!!!!!

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?302479

not too sure why its different mine is obd1, might be worth asking stealth about the code, have you tried another cam sensor worth a go to see if the fault comes up

your car is amazing mate whats it lke to map can it still be setup on the standard ecu

yeah its standard ecu obd1 setup

this has been tuned with bosch 440cc injectors and an enlarged maf housing using tt maf sensor

Update…

Cars been running on 5 and a bit cylinders despite pulling 430hp on the rollers

So after 14 years and 125k so it was time to get the bottom end rebuilt.

042CylinderBlock.jpg

Pulled out the bottom end – painted it up then got it rebored to 2897cc.

Went for Wossner Forged Pistons with H-Beam Con Rods

01EnginePaint.jpg

03VR6WossnerPistons.jpg

02VR62897ccBores.jpg

At the same time added Cromoly 9lb Flywheel and Helix Clutch as the standard ones were pretty worn from the power.

Sorted a few other bits like new Water Pump & Oil Pump plus CrazyDaves Spal Brackets and new Radiator.

04Cromoly9lbFlywheel.jpg

0702aGearboxcleanedup.jpg

157.jpg

Spent the last week building it back up and now its up and running – did have a few issues - gear linkage and power steering – but nothing major

150-1.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

166.jpg

172.jpg

174.jpg

Running 14s on the PLX with no engine faults and idle is spot on

Not too concerned with the power right now but its good to know engine can cope with over 400 horses so just got to run it in over the next few weeks then may go for a 70mm pulley.

i bet the next 1000 miles is gona feel like its taking for ever to do, will be well worth it thou your cars gona be amazing

dont suppose you have any pics of how the belt is routed around the chargers pullys as im a bit confused how it fits

cheers john

i bet the next 1000 miles is gona feel like its taking for ever to do' date=' will be well worth it thou your cars gona be amazing

dont suppose you have any pics of how the belt is routed around the chargers pullys as im a bit confused how it fits

cheers john

[/quote']

Nah it aint that bad picked up 300 miles over past 4 days and by next week should be well over 500 can creep into boost in 5th gear from 40mph but then have to hold back

you can take a small road trip too our meet in dk,that should give you some miles ;)

iam in the prosses off getting ccr-racing too come to our meet.

http://www.clubgolfdanmark.dk/news.php

also michael is going too come

http://www.vagcars.dk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1673

along vith JVK-tuning

http://www.jvk-tuning.dk/menu/galleri/galleri_corrado.htm

http://www.jvk-tuning.dk/menu/galleri/galleri_golf_III.htm