Who is it with the standard springs/uprated dampers?

I have read a couple of your posts over the past few days, as i'm thinking of going the same route, but can't find them again.

Main question, is generic adjustable uprated dampers, i.e Koni, Gaz etc. suitable for use with standard springs?

I'm thinking those suitable for all mk3s with lowering springs, may suit a VR with standard springs as they are 15mm lower(I think thats right, sure I read that somewhere), can anyone confirm i'm right or wrong?

This setup would be possibly in conjuction with rear ARB and maybe that cabrio centre brace if I could find one

Well my mate had this set up on his mk4 koni shocks and standard springs handels really well ect same ride height the promlem that he come across was the insurance, as it was an unusual mod they wanted 200 quid extra, but if he was to put the lower springs on they only want 40 quid cos its a common mod!

A floorpan brace, goes where rear seat passenger's feet would be. There's a link to a cabrio with it on here, can't remember where though.

Probably not a noticable difference, and will only get one if/when one comes along cheap enough. They must have made it for a reason...