Bonjour! A little bit of advice needed on selling my car...

To be honest I doubt you'll sell it just advertising it just on here as most people already have 1! You could try www.edition38.com or autotrader is probably your best bet but you can pick em pretty cheap at the moment but if yours is as nice as it sounds you shouldnt have many probs selling it for the right price

I wouldnt bother with ebay because thats gone downhill so much its upside down, mate of mines advertised his car 3 times and people have just mucked him about, people dont turn up etc - crap.

Cheers for the advice, Yea ebay is kind of like a last resort really.

I put it up for £4395, but I want £4100/£4000, i did not want to put it up for 4K as I am sure some twat would offer me 3.5k! I think shes worth it, its a good spec, and low mileage, 52k is barely run in on a VR! I would rathar keep it than sell it for under 4k. :(

Guy on here, Coullstar sold a P reg black 5 door VR6 Highline with 55k on the clock and I don't think he got £3k for it. You'll be very lucky to get anything over £3500 on a very good day unless you get very lucky.

Cheers for the advice' date=' Yea ebay is kind of like a last resort really.

I put it up for £4395, but I want £4100/£4000, i did not want to put it up for 4K as I am sure some twat would offer me 3.5k! I think shes worth it, its a good spec, and low mileage, 52k is barely run in on a VR! I would rathar keep it than sell it for under 4k. :(

[/quote']

Matt Keep it (h)

Thats wot I decided to do keep it rather give him away for 4k.

I'd say that was a bit on the pricey side. VR's really don't seem to be holding there value at the moment

That is true if selling to your 'average Mr Smith'. However, anyone specifically in the market for a low milage, full history minter like this one sounds, would pay that price in my opinion. I was searching for at least 6 months before i found what i wanted and if i found yours i would def have been interested.

It all depends how urgent you are to sell. If it's not too urgent, then i would put it up for £4250 or whatever and just wait. Alternatively you could just keep it, which is BLATANTLY the best option! ;)

Gd luck either way mate :)

Cheers Lee, I may well do that, and just save for something CRAZY in the meantime!

As for a highline withh 55k miles for 3k where was I?! lol Thats well underpriced, i just went on the autotrader, and there are golfs similar to mine ranging from 3900-5500, phoned up out of intrest and two of them where sold??!!

It appears this other guy got a hard deal, my mate Tony sold his AUTO P plate mulberry highline with 61k, and a dented door for £3500, last week........ :)

I'd say that was a bit on the pricey side. VR's really don't seem to be holding there value at the moment

That is true if selling to your 'average Mr Smith'. However' date=' anyone specifically in the market for a low milage, full history minter like this one sounds, would pay that price in my opinion. I was searching for at least 6 months before i found what i wanted and if i found yours i would def have been interested.

It all depends how urgent you are to sell. If it's not too urgent, then i would put it up for £4250 or whatever and just wait. Alternatively you could just keep it, which is BLATANTLY the best option! ;)

Gd luck either way mate :)

[/quote']

Cheers Steve ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided not to sell. I think i was suffering from "need a change" syndrome. Nothing else is really better for the money, so I am keeping her, taking on a project car, and continiuing saving, but for something i REALLY want... an RS2 :)