Have not been using my car for some time now and went to do the usual start up and let if run for a while that i useally do every so often, only this time o noticed something was up.

I put my foot down on the clutch and it had no resistance at all, it feels like something has come apart, the only resistance is from the spring and thats it,

anyone got any ideas

had a look under the car and couldn't see any signs of a leak.

Hi Soca Warrior. ;)

It could be the clutch slave cylinder. Sometimes when they haven't been used for a while they lose hydraulic pressure. It may just be a case of bleeding it to get rid of the air. That might get your pedal back. At worst it may need replacing if the seals have gone.

Kevin

I haven't bled one on a VR. Its usually a case of finding the clutch master cylinder reservoir and making sure its topped up with fluid. Not sure if VR's are fed from the brake reservoir like some Vauxhalls. To bleed it you will need a basic brake bleeding kit to make this easier, and 2 people. One inside and one at the bleed nipple end which will be on the slave. Undo the bleed nipple slightly and press and hold the pedal down. Tighten bleed nipple and release the pedal. Air will should come out at first. Repeat this process about half a dozen times making sure that the reservoir does not get low on fluid. Sounds a bit complex and its certainly a messy job as brake/clutch fluid is nasty. DO NOT GET ANY ONTO YOUR PAINTWORK. If you do then pour water on it immediatly.

I hope I haven't confused you too much with this explanation.

Kevin