JETEX exhaust - complete rubbish. Advice needed

Hi peeps,

I just bought a stainless steel Jetex system for my mk 3 golf and i have to say what an absolute pile of crap it is to fit it. I've been at the exhaust place for the last 3 hours trying to get it to fit right. We've heated it to try and bend it, we've tried different rubbers, we've had it unbolted and bolted back up about a hundred times and we've now had to resort to using a cable tie on one of the hangers to try getting it to fit right and this is the result

100_0981.jpg

100_0982.jpg

I'm at my wits end with it now.

Has anyone got any advice on what to do now? Would a custom exhaust place like powerflow look at it? Does anyone on here know of anywhere local to Oxford that could sort it out?

The bloke at the exhaust place has done his best but rekons the only way to sort it out is to cut it and re-weld it :shock:

Any ideas welcome

:cry:

I had a similar problem with the supersprint exhaust box for mine, it fits finew but i just doesnt quite sit right, i ordered the wrong model to i wanted the upswept one that sits nicely in the valance,,, too late once you've fitted it you'll be lucky to get anything back because if you modify it to fit they will tell you, you have made invalid your warranty

• 2 weeks later...