Hi All !!!

I hope someone can help me out her................

I'm thinking of getting some new Schmidt modern line 3 piece splitties for my mk3 Golf VR6.

My VR6 has Koni suspension (adjustable ride height and stiffness) and pagid disks and pads all round.

I've looked in a back issue of "The Golf" and found another Mk3 running the same wheels as I want:

Front 16 X 8.5 with Dunlop Sport SP 9000 195/40 16

Rear 16 X 9.5 with Dunlop Sport SP 9000 215/35 16

The feller who owns the car is a Pete McGinley and it was the Sept '04 issue the car was featured in. According to the write up, he had to do all sorts of wheel arch work - front and rear - not particularly what I had in mind.

Only problem is, is that there's not many helpfull wheel dealers out there who seem to know how to get these wheels to fit, or who really know their trade.

The Standard Golf wheel for a VR6 is 6.5 X 15 ET 43.

Does anyone have these wheels on their ride or can anyone help / suggest something please ????

You'll have to get arches flared to get em to fit. Fronts will need rolling as a minimum as i run 9*16 all round. I have got to get my rears flared as I keep rubbing at the rear. I think Paynes in Iver said it would cost about £300 or so to flare the arches for me

Thanks fourmotion and craggsy for the info. Craggsy, have you any pics you can send me of your set up m8 ?? Also what offset are you using, and do you have to use spacers ??? Help would be well appreciated !!! Cheers !!!!

Not got to many pics as still putting things together to get it ready for bodyshop. My wheels are 9*16 ET15 all round. This is the best pic to give you an idea of how they sit. I'm running KONI Coilovers as well so can set stance exactly how i want

DSC00919.jpg

That was before I had my arches rolled, as I wanted to see em on. Big kid me, I got all excited

DSC00918.jpg

Can't understand how they just bolted straight on ??? I had some mille miglia 1000's with an offset of 25 and had to buy some 15mm spacers. I binned them off in the end - hence need to get the ET correct. Can anyone else through some light on this ?????????

Hi Craig,

Before I order my new wheels, you said you were running 9 X 16's with an ET of 15. What tyres did you use for fron / rear.

I appreciate your help - these wheels are costing a fortune and I don't want to get anything wrong.

Cheers,

Mark. (Parapower)

Email replied to......generic wheels do usually have to have a spacer, the 17s I had on had a spacer on front to clear calipers. Depends on maker really. Borbets are german wheels so go well with German cars, kinda work with each other i reckon