Just bought a 94 VR6 where I live in the Czech Republic.

Its my dream car, great condition, Purple Highline, Looks great and has been loved but too low for Czech roads. I broke an alloy just coming home in it! I would say that it must be about as low as you can get, there is about 20 - 30mm of travel or at least that's what it feels like, and it can't be doing the car any good.

I also heard that the original VR6 suspension is a bit wobbly. I don't want wobbly OR bouncy OR broken alloys!

Can someone please suggest a fix that doesn't stop the car from looking so cool, perhaps somewhere in the middle? What will I have to buy/spend? I would like to post a picture of it but I don't know how to on this forum sorry.

Thanks in advance for anyones help, it would be appreciated cos I don't speak Czech yet!

Jim.

Do a search on this site Jim. There are loads of threads on different suspension set ups and costs.

I went for the conventional shock spring set up but an up-rated non adjustable kit from G-Max. I wanted to keep the car as comfortable as possible but without the boaty feeling the original suspension has and without breaking the bank.

Check the threads as I don't want to repeat myself too much :)

Kevin

You could try getting smaller wheels and bigger tyres.....

They would obsorb some extra bumps and prevent broken alloys. May also take away some of the bounce.

My guess is you are running 17" wheels or something? Maybe with 205/40's?

If not then to break an alloy you must have potholes worse than here in the u.k :-)

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...