vr6 buying guide ?

Hello people looking at an M reg mystic blue vr over the weekend, currently own a 2.0 16v raddo, and want the extra power so the vr is needed.

What I want to know is what to look for ? The car has no tax or mot and has covered 90,000. So is there any real major areas or parts i should be looking at/for ?

Any help appreciated thanks :)

Hi.

I've not had my VR for very long but I used to be in the motor trade. I personally would advise against buying any car without an MOT. Not unless you can have it properly inspected. I'd want to know why it doesnt have one. A good VR is always worth waiting for! Maybe ask the seller to put it in for an MOT if they haven't already. At least if it did fail then you would have an idea of what if anything would need doing to make it road legal. You could then use that as a bargaininng tool. Remember, whatever you pay for the car, you will have to add to that, the cost of any reepairs needed to get it through a "LEGIT" MOT.

I bought a standard Black '96 Highline for £3,300 last november with just over 90k on the clock. You may be lucky and find a good example which has just been sitting around but still best to have it checked and driven properly before parting with your cash. As some of the members here will tell you, finding things out after the fact can be costly.

I hope I've been of some help.

Kev.