MKIII GOLF TDI.... NEED SOME HELP.....

HI ONE AND ALL, I KNOW THIS IS A VR6 FORUM BUT BEING THE BEST FORUM ON THE WEB I WAS HOPING SOMEONE MIGHT BEABLE TO HELP ME OUT WITH A LITTLE MATTER.. I HAVE GOT A MKIII TDI THAT HAS JUST COME IN AND I NEEDED TO SWAP A FUEL PUMP OVER. I GAVE THE JOB TO ONE OF THE LADS BUT THEY FORGOT TO PUT THE TIMING PIN IN THE FUEL PUMP PULLEY WHEN TAKING OFF!!!! IT LINES UP TDC ON THE CRANK AND NO 1. BUT AM UNSURE OF HOW TO TIME UP THE INJECTOR UNIT..... ANYBODY HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM/ISSUE??? ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED AS I REALLY DONT WANT TO TAKE A CHANCE WITH IT :(( .

CHEERS

Ok buy the book! Assuming that you have the cam lock bar and shims, and you have removed the injection pump drive gear, and removed the pump from the engine. The injection pump is keyed to the gear. Install the injection pump into the rear support and loosely tighten the conical nut.(the nut allows the pump to be moved to adjust injection timing). Position the pump in the front mounting bracket so that it is roughly centered in the elongated holes. Hand tighten in this position. Install the injection pump sprocket and woodruff key, insert lock pin and tighten nut(55Nm). Camshaft should be locked with lock bar and shims. Remove sprocket from camshaft by loosening the bolt about 1/2 turn and tapping the back of the sprocket with a drift and a hammer.Check to make sure that the TDC mark on the flywheel and the reference mark on the transmisson case are still aligned. Install toothed belt.Thread bolt into camshaft but leave it sufficiently loose to allow the sprocket to move. Turn tensioner clockwise with spanner wrench until notch and raised mark are aligned. Tighten tensioner roller clamp nut 20Nm.Recheck TDC at the flywheel. If it's "RIGHT ON", tighten the camshaft sprocket bolt 45Nm. Remove lockbar and shims from cam, lock pin from the pump sprocket, reconnect injector lines, fuel lines electric harness connectors, belt gards cyl head cover, air cleaner and intake air ducts...(not too tough) The final injection timing MUST be done with a scanner(VAGcom) If your a shop and have one, you already have the instructions on this proceedure, if not, the engine should run well enough to get to a shop to have it done. There is no short cut here,and no other way, it has to be "set up". Hope this helps you...( you should fill the injector pump with clean diesel fuel through the fuel return line union, do this befor starting as you could be cranking till 2007)