Which coilover? ak's konigsports?

Ok i want my highline lower and i think the standard shocks arent great.

Alot of people on here have the konigsports and recomend them. dpes anyone have the AK's?

im on a budget but dont ewant to waste my money if teh ak's are crap :(

iv been offered ak's for £275 almost half what the konig kit costs. my local garage says altho konigs are adjustable dampening he finds them to ruff and i will only just leave them on the softest setting, and because i dont do any hard driving the ak's will surfice? can any one help, cheers

I have the konigsports and used to switch between hardest and softest settings depending on whether I was driving to work or enjoying the weekend.

Ive found that the hardest setting 'softens' up a bit anyway and wasnt to hard to start with.

Your local garage is speaking out of his arse. He tells you Konigsports are too harsh' date=' then tells you to buy AK's?

That's like saying don't move to London, it's a bit rough, move to Baghdad instead.

[/quote']

LOL @ baghdad

cheers slim i think if i made this a poll most ppl would say konigsport.

supose suspension is one thing worth blowing the budget on. he told me there was hardly any diffence between the 2 kits!! :? and most people on here says there is a huge diff. i like the sound of adjustable dampening tho

bearing in mind that the ak's only offer a modest 70mm drop i believe, you'd be better placed going for a dedicated shock/spring set-up of 60mm, especially if you aren't going to bother messing with ride heights much! for everyday driving you'll be better suited to shox/spring set-up if you want to retain some of the comfort of the standard car!

http://www.gwentvw.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=39_235_246_256_257_396_402_405&products_id=316&osCsid=b8e931d851c0239fd04aa8df1be6136e

here's the link to gwent vw who are fk agents and it states 40-80mm drop so 100mm is defo wrong. in the catalogue it says 70mm but whats 10mm anyway! dont forget if you want to drive over thos enice speed humps round by you, you'll need to keep raising and lowering the suspension if you want it lower for shows and higher for day to day driving. all of which means tracking/camber resets when you do!

FK Highsports are another option for you mate... at 320 from Venom motorsport they are inbetween the budget AK's and Konigsports... a few ppl on here seem to have those. I can't see Konigsports being harsher than AK's. Konigsports have adjustable dampers whereas AK's dont... I think this says enough (not sure what your garage was on about). Highsports don't have adjustable damping either but are supposed to be better quality than the AK's.

FK Highsports are another option for you mate... at 320 from Venom motorsport they are inbetween the budget AK's and Konigsports... a few ppl on here seem to have those. I can't see Konigsports being harsher than AK's. Konigsports have adjustable dampers whereas AK's dont... I think this says enough (not sure what your garage was on about). Highsports don't have adjustable damping either but are supposed to be better quality than the AK's.

its 320 before vat ect so its more like 400, il consider that but just spent loads on decorating the house so might have to wait