hi flow cats ????

Hi I've got one. Together with a Milltek cat back exhaust and milltek high flow cat my car made around an increase of 10bhp over standard. Worth it in my opinion. It's the same price as an exhaust system but gives at least the same 5bhp increase so can't be bad. A decat is a much cheaper option and gives 2-3bhp more but for me just arranging the mot is bad enough let alone fiddling around and removing and replacing the decat section each time as well. However I'm just lazy! Although decat sections do have a habit of b**ering up the lamda which isn't good.

When I spoke to Stealth they said it was a good mod to have and lasts equally as long as a standard cat. Go for it mate...let us know how it goes.

I have also got a Milltek sport cat. I'd have preferred not to use Milltek as their Corrado exhausts are terrible, but they were the only people that did one and it's spot on! Brilliant build and fits perfectly with the lambda socket in the right place, unlike their bypass silencers.

Matth, sport cats don't last as long as regular cats. Cats are like spark plugs, they deposit bits of themselves as the exhaust flows through the cells because they get super hot and is part of the 'catalysing' process, so if there's fewer cells (100 cells for the Milltek, 400 standard), they don't last as long.....about 60-70,000 I'm told, compared to well over 100K for a standard one, which are ceramic and last longer anyway. Milltek ones are made of special metal.

In terms of flow, I went from a SuperSprint bypass silencer (the best one around) and I noticed no difference, so the Milltek gets the thumbs up all round.

Is the Milltek 100 cells or do they do different variations? As far as I know I just have the 'standard' milltek high flow cat for a mk golf vr6.

Currently my mods are:

Cat back exhaust

High flow cat

6 branch exhaust manifold

And soon to be fitted BMC induction kit...

Do you think I should have a remap (stealths rechip) or is it not necessary? My car is odb2 which stealth said was very good as it is... unless there are major mods. What do you think re my mods? When I spoke to stealth about this I stupidly forgot to mention I also have a high flow cat... they said with just a cat back exhaust, 6 branch and bmc it probably wouldn't need a remap. Is it likely to need one with the high flow cat too?

100 cell is the only sport cat they do for a VR6. You don't need to remap an engine for intake and exhaust changes. The MAF and Lambda do the adjustments for you.

Only a schrick benefits from a remap to get rid of the pinking at 3500rpm, but it's not essential.