just had the car in for an MOT today,

failed on C02 emissions (D-CAT) and corroded underside sill (jacking point on passenger side)

not too bad i guess but will cost me £££'s

i was quoted 105 pounds inc VAT to put the cat back on and weld the sill. walked out of that place and have found someone that will put cat back in for 30 pounds and went to my friendly insurance approved bodyshop to get a quote on the welding which i will receive tomorrow (will be done properly tho as i was told the carpet and interior trim will have to be removed to weld properly and strengthen it as well.

also....... rear wheel bearings have play in them headlights wernt aligned correctly and top mounts at front had play as well (did not fail on this though)

so i guess my experience concludes that D-Cat can fail an MOT test

i think its not my year at all

:(:(:(:(:(:(

right MOT passed..... welding done and the cat is back on (much more smoother and quiet drive) passed C02 now reading 0.11% instead of 0.80 without cat. (D-Cat pipe for sale now see classifieds)

then found out that all brake discs and pads will need changing - this is mainly due to the passenger side disc being smaller then the drivers side with the correct pads fitted (you can imagine)

this car is driving me insane!!!