Girls and cars. HELP!

hello everybody. My girlfriend is looking to get a car at the moment and was really into the dreaded saxo. You can imagine the fall-outs we have had. "saxo's are nice" - "there a french f**k's piece of s**t!" Anyway, i suggest a golf mrk3 "its too big" i suggest a lupo "too small - no boot" i suggest all vw and she says no. Anyway, after many talks - that is "talks" i suggested a polo again and i think im onto a winner. But she wants a mark 4. I think its the mark 4. Not the facelift version. It looks like a mark 3 golf but its a polo? I hope thats clear enough. But i tralled through old pvw's and web sites and cant find any "well done" polos of that shape. PLEASE HELP OR WE WILL LOSE HER TO A S**T CAR COMPANY. Websites or pics or anything that i can show her. preferably black silver or blue car colour please! DONT LET ME LOSE HER TO A SAXO!!!!! :D

Don't let her buy a French piece of cr*p Saxo. You'l end up forever fixing it for her!!!!

Polo Guide:

Mk1:

Betsy046.jpg

Mk2:

polo2.jpg

Mk3:

image010.jpg

Mk4 (1994-1998):

438n.jpg

Has rear number plate on boot lid:

255097.jpg

Mk4 Facelift (1998-2002):

6.jpg

Has rear number plate on bumper:

pologti2.jpg

Mk5 (2002-2005):

Polo-silver-115.jpg

Mk5 Facelift (2005 on):

HBVAAZNaiNq.jpg

(different front & rear lights, different bumpers & grille, side repeaters on door mirrors)

I know lots of people with Mk4 Polos and they are all very happy with them. Very reliable runarounds.

Hope this helps!

Yes, I'm sure that's a Panda too. Looks like a Fiat badge on the front too?

Jezza, time to let her go man. Sounds like she's turning into the dreaded CHAV! It won't stop there mate. Next come the burberry accesorries and the obligatory reaboks and a vast collection of tack suits. The she'll start talking about kids and the ideal family car, an Astra, or a Vextra even. You'll then spend your pipe smoking days driving an Omega!

Act now before it's tooooo late ;)

Yes' date=' I'm sure that's a Panda too. Looks like a Fiat badge on the front too?

Jezza, time to let her go man. Sounds like she's turning into the dreaded CHAV! It won't stop there mate. Next come the burberry accesorries and the obligatory reaboks and a vast collection of tack suits. The she'll start talking about kids and the ideal family car, an Astra, or a Vextra even. You'll then spend your pipe smoking days driving an Omega!

Act now before it's tooooo late ;)

[/quote']

!amazed !amazed

I went back on this thread and it started showing me a red Panda, complete with message in German saying "Remote Linking to images on this website is not allowed". It was showing me a yellow Mk1 Polo before. It must have been pulling the Polo pic from my browser cache.

Sorry about that. Image has now been corrected.

It's the Mk4 & Mk5 that Jezza is interested in, anyway.

TVR6: she is already talking about a family!!! I think i need to stop dreaming of a nice VR6 and go buy a volvo state and wear cardigans. Does anyone have a polo that they can show me pics of so i can show her? Or any pics from a show? i was at edition 38 but no polo's of the mark 4 variety that had been done well. There was one with lexus lights. So i ignored it. Hopefully it has been burnt. Never mind. As i said, pics, web addresses. All help welcome. Many thanks. Too the batmobile... (volvo 440!) !lol

Oi!

I started off with a Pug 106 and then a saxo - free insurance you see!

Mk 4 polo is a solid little car.

A friend had a 1.0 !amazed which was fully deadened with dynamat soundpaint throughout. Could'nt tell the engine was running, but the performance gave that impression too.....

Someone has to put a 3.2 v6 in the back of a mk 1 polo. Sod it, make it a W12.

Wot about the harliquin style she love it LOL.

We found this at All Types VW meet this year.

(didn't see VR6 Club their :? )

The 2nd & 3rd pic I was asked to drive It, so I took a pic LOL

My partner is in front of me while the owner went to get this other Vdub.

Vdub trust.

a09.jpg

a11.jpg

a12.jpg

VW actually made harlequin Golf Mk3s from the factory, but these wer only available in America:

jimellis1.jpg

One of them has been VR'd & modded !amazed !amazed :

015.jpg

Here's the Polo Harlequin, which was available in the UK. These are rare as f**k now - maybe most of them got resprayed?

sb19.jpg