I have sachs shocks on greens springs not sure wich that were fitted by one of prevous owners. it looks about 40-50mm drop on 17s. The steering shakey quite badly ad high speeds well 60+ Iv read a few posts on this site sayin the sachs kit is really bad so could this be causing it? its really ruff and unforgiving aswell.

Im tempted to get fk coilovers, iv seen th AK ones for 350 and highsports for 410 but not sure what difference is between the 2 kits. Do i need coilovers? as will probably just have it at one height all year round.

the wheels have only been on the car 7months so i asume the owners had it tracked and balanceed, but il check that. the suspension has been on there 10years however !grr

any ideas welcomed

Do you get any vibration / feedback through steering if you brake gently? - if so then you probably have a warped disk.

If not then I agree with Eat - get the wheels tracked & balanced first. I suspect it's not a problem with your suspension - most probably an unbalanced front wheel.

• 4 weeks later...

Tracking mate... my car had exactly the same problem..vibrated above a certain speed. Got the tracking and balancing done and the problem was sorted! It is always recommended by experts that you always need 4 wheel alignment done when fitting any new suspension.