hi i'm gettin a high pitched noise comin from the engine under acceleration, wondered if it could be a split pipe somewhere as its also runnin very rough ie not much power till 2k rpm and very lumpy at times. It's beginin to piss me off! Also it's startin to get a bit rattley, whats the average cost of doin the chains?

cheers leon

Are your problems happening from cold? From cold there's normally a strange high pitch noise...more of a wurring /buzzing noise which only lasts 30 secs to a minute or so but is not that audiable unless you really listen and open the window... but that is normal from cold. And I've been told lumpy power is to be expected when the engine is cold...again this only lasts a couple of minutes until it warms up...its to do with with air fuel sensor (MAF sensor) taking a while to become fully functional. You won't get any power until over 2k revs so this is not unusual. If you're hearing rattling I'd get an expert (who knows about the VR6...NOT a general garage to give their opion) to look over and listen to the strange rattling...as that could mean the chain is on it's way out...can be expensive depending on where you go...but at least once it's done its done... and a good selling point if you sell it in the future.