Advice wanted from you Techies-

I'm the new owner of Minty's Supercharged VR6 (mk 3 Golf) :D

Hello to anyone who know's him/the car.

In the few day's i have owned this beast i feel a few further mods are needed.

This is where i need some help-

1. Brakes

Does anyone know where i can get a full 288mm setup from???

2. Oil cooler

Has anyone ever fitted one to a vr6 (AAA) if so where was it positioned in the oil system???

3. Air intake pipe.

I need a replacement Silicon pipe for the carbon fibre one i have, which goes between the charger and the MAF.

Is there a manufacture for this pipe (possibly what other people have been using for other charger kits)????

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hello millsy welcome to the site...

SFS do silicone hoses for that charger (they supplied Z engineering) the one you're asking about is about £65 though

check the classifieds on here and E38 for brakes or you could try Strictly dubs (01621) 778811

An N reg VR6 will have 288mm front brakes on it already.

Or were you talking about the rears? !amazed

312mm front brakes from an Audi TT 225 or 345mm brakes from the R32 / TT V6 can be fitted to the Mk3, as long as you fit a spacer between the hub and the caliper carrier. Designa Dubs in Basingstoke have just done a pair of spacers for me, so they have the template for it now if you need some made up.

The mounting for the stock oil heat exchnger is very similar to an oil filter mounting, so a "generic" oil cooler kit could be made to fit quite easily. The only part that would need fabricating is the central spindle, an easy job for a machine shop. Alternatively, there is a VR6-specific kit available (see the "Group Buys" forum) - less hassle, but more expensive.

Thanks fella's, and thanks for the welcomes.

As Minty say's, i love the rims too much.

The 280's are rubbish.

288's are defo a step up if i can get them cheap enough and see how i go.

I am used to the 323mm and 4 pot brakes from my old Leon Cupra R and would love a set on the golf but the golf is a lot lighter and i'm not giving up the rims.

Spose the ideal setup for me is 4 pots on 288's??????

Prob mega money !sad