Why you should try Chris Knott this month...

**NOVEMBER OFFER - WIN a £150 Love2shop Gift Card - JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS**

This month's introductory offer for those with car insurance due soon.

Simply request a car (or even home) insurance quote this month for the chance to [url=https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/news/win-p150-love2shop-gift-card-chris-knott-november-2019.html][b]WIN a £150 Love2shop Gift Card.[/b][/url]

Give club sponsor/partner Chris Knott a try in November and gain free entry in our draw PLUS what could be a winning quote.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274 (please mention this forum)

ONLINE: https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote/?ref=L2S_1119

best,
Nick

The experience of others...

"I dealt with a very patient lady that helped me out a lot insuring my bp5 on the chassis number last year whilst working around a f*** up on A***** ****’s part." Jack Pearson, UK Legacy

"Just adding to this - not only is the car insurance end of things good, but I've just taken out the annual travel policy and it is exceptionally good compared to others - including pre-existing conditions." Ros Kind, UK Barchetta Owners Club

"Just insured the wife's MiTo with you .... and my Subaru!" Gary Taylor, AROC - MiTo Register

"We joined them as they quoted us a much better deal compared to some of the others I got quotes from, so I decided to buy the car based on that quote as the others were far too high." Nerina Hughes, SLK Owners Club UK

"Already been with you for years." Stephen Cook, S-Max Owners Club

"New to you guys. Had a renewal quote from Elephant which I bettered online. Then called you guys to see your best price. Bettered my best price for my 2 cars by £80 in total. Great stuff guys." Simon Rasho, Southdowns French Car Club GB

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if we're not competitive for you at this year's renewal. In general, insurers review their risk appetite regularly and the market does change by the day. Insurers may also choose to price themselves out in some scenarios, based on the risk presented by the individual. Having said that, if you do find a better rate we are happy to negotiate with your insurer to encourage them to reconsider and perhaps keep you. We retain 80% of customers year on year, which we're told is an enviable rate in this fickle market.

If I can be of help with an alternative quote please let me know what we're up against and who with so we can go back to your insurer.

I did try after 4 years of being with you but unfortunately from approximately £400 it shot up to £3000 and you could not beat a quote from confused.com which was approximately £700. Not only this you put a fault claim on my record when I have never had an accident in my life. This has cost me money due to someone's incompetence. I understand what you are saying regarding price fluctuations however I also think it is important to tell your customers and then stick to facts. I was told it was due to the post code. Then I was told it is due to my vehicle being in a high insurance group (vw golf tdi) however my vr6's which are technically in a higher insurance category cost me half the money to insure. Then on top you started to apply restrictions and checking mileage against the MOT which didn't really bother me as I stick within my estimated annual mileage And to be honest once this fraudulent claim was recorded against me I was treated like a criminal and the customer service went from above average to really poor! Andy who I believe is no longer there was a true gent a few years back and also Malinda both of these made things a breeze. I recall trying to resolve the matter but nothing was ever done And i was told "you don't have long left for the accident to come off your record" that was the end result i got after complaining. So to everyone who reads this be aware and please shop around everything is "perfect" when there are no issues but when the issues arise you will be dealt with in a completely different way. Maybe it was just me but i feel i should make others aware.

Yes i know Malinda is i thought Andy had left but yea they are great people.

I have already given my details to Nick a few months back and as mentioned nothing can be done. Once it was identified as a fraudulent claim the "fault" should have been rectified instead the underwriter left it on, my no claims bonus was NOT protected but it did not effect me as it was determined that the 3rd party who was a scumbag riding a cycle illegally was trying his luck. But again its unfair as its stuck on my name and cost me money when it should have been removed.