Vortec V2 supercharger - What belt for No Air Conditioning WITH power steering - AAA VR6

I have found so much conflicting information in my seemingly endless hours searching for a definitive part number/brand.

I am looking to install a Vortex V2 Charger with a 2.5” pulley on my AAA VR6. I have deleted air conditioning and need to know what belt to buy.

I have read anywhere from 53” to 59” but no one can provide part numbers.

Help please!

50 minutes ago, reynolds9000 said:

I have found so much conflicting information in my seemingly endless hours searching for a definitive part number/brand.

I am looking to install a Vortex V2 Charger with a 2.5” pulley on my AAA VR6. I have deleted air conditioning and need to know what belt to buy.

I have read anywhere from 53” to 59” but no one can provide part numbers.

Help please!

USA only I think? ( I could be wrong) Check out fourseason tuning, esc tuning, VF Engineering to mention a few.. :ph34r:

Yes, I’m in the USA.

I’ve exhausted all those suggestions as they only carry belts for cars that equipped with air conditioning. ECS sells one but it’s $106 and I just can’t justify spending that kind of money on a serpentine belt that should be in the $25-40 range.

A part number or just a confirmation on the length would be very helpful if anyone knows.

I don't know an exact length but if you know the length for supercharged + AC then you just need to find the length of a standard vr6 with no AC which plenty of people have done. Then you can take the difference in lengths and find your number.

For example (not real numbers)
Belt length for stock vr6 = 100
Length for ac delete = 90

Length of supercharged vr6 = 110

So,
Length of supercharged belt without ac would be 100

Not an exact method but will give you an idea

*****Best way would be to use a string to wrap around where the belt should be then measure the string

• 1 month later...

Updating to help anyone in the future looking for this info.

With a 2.5” pulley and dual idler pulley’s, a 59.2” belt will work, and is what I currently have installed but I’ve had to max out the tension adjustability on the blower to get it tight enough. I have not driven the car yet, as I have yet to install the oil pan.

I have ordered a 58” belt that I’m going to put on after I get the car running and any bugs worked out.

With the 59.2” belt there is easily two to three inches of slack making it super easy to install, but like I said it requires you to max out the tension on the charger bracket. With a 58” belt it should require less adjustment.

In summation, a vortech V2 with 2.5” pulley and dual idler’s on an AAA VR6 with NO a/c but WITH power steering, a belt in the 58”-59” range is what you need.

• 10 months later...