Hi guys, I am after some advise I am building up a VRT Corrado and part of the swap is using a UM chipped ECU which had been run recently in another corrado with I believe an immob defeat wired in.

I have my original Corrado soon to have the engine pulled and OBD1 Fuse to Engine harness and a 2.8 engine with its OBD2 loom. Will the two mate and work correctly or do I definately need the engine to fuse box loom aswell? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys as wiring to me may as well be black magic! 

I've done an OBD swap on my corrado. 

Its quite involved from a loom point point of view as there's a lot that will need cutting out the obd2 loom from the golf. 

Not sure on your configuration or if you going short runner etc.. but you will need; (from memory)

- OBD2 inlet manifold

- OBD2 throttle body

- OBD2 MAF

- OBD2 engine harness 

- OBD2 Lambda.

- OBD2 main ECU wiring loom.

cant remember if I needed the OBD2 FCM though. 

best advise is to plug everything in and then you can see what isn't needed. 

I also had to do some wiring to get aux pump working correctly and fans working on all 3 stages. 

Then only wrap the loom when everything is working. I used cloth loom tape from VW. 

I needed to have the immobiliser on the obd2 ECU defeated as Car would not run as there was a fault with imob setup despite having transponder and key chip etc.. 

I kept my original fuse box and no issues on that front. 

Well worthy upgrade as made engine run silky smooth smooth and you can get rid of that ISV etc..