Check make sure your fans are working, if they aren't then chances are the water is beginning to boil hence the bubbling gurgles..

Get it sorted quickly, or cooling system components will begin to go pop one by one.

I had a problem last week with the water temp gauge shooting up to 110 and the water bubbling away. Local VW garage sorted the prob (cylinder head gasket had gone at number 6 cylinder &| . no warping to the head, thankfully, as I got the car towed to them as soon as it happened).

Get it checked out ASAP may not be anything as drastic but better to be safe. ;)

Before assuming the worst, might just be an airlock. You can tell if exhaust gases are overpressurising the coolant system (blown HG) because the coolant will stink of exhaust/petrol fumes.

Air locks can come from a leak somewhere (aux pump always a favourite) or a poorly exectuted thermostat change.

Try a coolant flush but this time, pour the coolant in through the rad top hose and not the expansion tank as this forces air out of the engine from the bottom up. Pounring in via the exp tank introduces air with the fluid, not good.

Vince taught me that trick many moons ago and it's always worked, not had air lock in years!

K