Should I rebuild or leave bottom end alone?

I am currently getting a head rebuilt with fresh everything and some 268 shricks.

The 93 slc was smoking under hard acceleration and decel. Head looks like cylinders 1 3 and 5 were burning lots of oil.

The cylinders all look decent with factory hone marks still visible.

My question is should I rebuild the block with new rings and bearings or just get it honed and new rings and leave bearings alone?

I've heard that a rebuilt bottom end in a vr6 won't last as long as a factory original built one.

Cheers

If you're doing bottom end, or, for that matter spending a lot on the head, get it done properly, always pointless just adding parts without checking the simple things like alignments or cracks - seen many a destroyed engine not doing these things, I'd say wear/tolerances is probably the biggest killer of engines on an old engine - if you spend a lot and not do the basics it's just wasting money!

The cylinders might be fine, just new rings to replace worn but with the VR offsets (crank/rod alignment), how do you know that this hasn't worn these areas and/or overly stressed parts in a critical stress area like the rod bolts? 

Do it once, do it right is my philosophy!