Hi there, I just wanted you to know that I was here lurking around because I too have a vehicle based forum using IPS Version 4 and I thought your site was a good example for me to learn from. I am in the process of upgrading from V3 to V4. During that process I noticed that you have the same issue I have when it comes to displaying the "Location" information in the members area below their Avatar on posts. There is a suspicious 'space' missing between location and the actual location. I've attached two pics, one with the space and one without. The reason I'm pointing this out is that I found the quick and easy fix for this...if one of your Admins goes into the ACP, go to Members then Profiles and Profile Fields (picture 3) then edit the Location Field. You will find something similar to this in the display format box:

<span class='ft'>{title}</span><span class='fc'>{content}</span>:

Make a minor edit immediately after the word title} and add a : and then a space like this: <span class='ft'>{title}: </span><span class='fc'>{content}</span>

Problem solved and it gives your information a more professional look with proper spacing!

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me dropping in from time to time. These IPS Forums are awesome!

John (Halfling)

2016-07-24_21-16-22.png

2016-07-24_21-19-55.png

2016-07-24_22-32-42.png

•  

I've owned and operated the North American Goldwings forum for a couple of years now. Originally on MyBB when I acquired it and I quickly migrated it over to IP 3.4. I am now in the process of upgrading to 4.1.13 and have a test site built and running. Hope to have it ironed out in a few weeks! We are currently in "user test" mode where I have some of our regular users logging in and playing around. Once we roll it out I will post it on IPS for display. Nothing real fancy, my membership loves to ride but they're not too crazy about bells and whistles!

http://www.northamericangoldwings.com/community/forums/

John (Halfliing)