Newcastle newbie, 96 gti

Hi, my names Andy, 35, from

newcastle. Just signed up as a member. Had my gti for nearly 2years now. After many years of turbo nissans and type Rs, I'm missing a little power, so I'm looking for a 3dr vr6 this summer. Ill be properly lurking just getting some information etc. 

tumblr_o6cic2n3k51s6ku0jo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6cid4Q2C81s6ku0jo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6ciegJmPo1s6ku0jo1_1280.jpg

13 minutes ago, daveyboy said:

Welcome to the club mate. Where about in Newcastle you from? I'm sure I've seen your car kicking about. Why don't you do a vr6 swap on your gti?

Thanks. I'm from gosforth. The car only comes out maybe once every few weeks. It's a day off car, or it goes to the odd meet. Before I stopped using it every day you may have seen it in Kingston park as that's where I work. I did a lot of work to the underside before edition last summer and stopped using it after that. 

Doing a vr6 swop has been on my mind, but I really want a 3dr shell. My gti requires a fair bit of cosmetic stuff, front wings, rear arch repairs etc etc, usual car park dents. I could put that towards another car. My thinking is mk3 prices will soar soon, good ones are getting fewer and fewer, so I'd like to get in now while I have a chance to afford one at reasonable prices. 

We have a few v6 sierras too, so even though I'm a Vw boy, the 6 cylinder link will be quite cool I feel.