need help removing the crank pulley.(i jumped the gun)

i have pretty much stripped my block down now, and got the pistons out, all thats left is the water pump which is stuck, and the crank. but i forgot to snap open the crank damper bolt while the engine was together so now i cant get the crank to stay still, and when i jam it with another spanner somewhere i feel like im going to snap my stand, lol. ive been using a breaker bar, and had it on the floor too to get more weight behind it, and it still wont move.

one idea is an impact wrench gun, but i have no compressor and dont know anyone with the correct equipment, and im not really wanting to take the block anywhere just to break one bolt, lol.

anyone got any ideas. you shout em and ill try em, i need this done before friday as my block is booked in to get rebored, and my crank is being polished the same day. but at different companies, lol.

thanks for any help. matt

if you can get two bits of wood either side of the crank to stop it turning, try tightening the bolt up first to get it moving then undo it again! sometimes you just need to free a bolt off and start it moving before you can undo it! sounds crazy i know, but give it a whirl!

I had the same problem, couple of bits of wood to jam it and an impact gun as you mentioned above done the trick.

Also had problems with the waterpump, think I snapped 2 screwdrivers and the edges off the pump trying to lever it out.

ha ha, just done exactly the same man. snapped 2 of the edges of the pump then just brayed a big chisel in and broke the casing. lol. new pump needed.

the company that is doing the rebore has said they can take the crank out for me as they are polishing it now anyway. so all works out ok, dropping it off tomorrow. the block is bloody heavy mind, lol.

cheers for the help anyway lads.