Standard Fit Autochanger Location...?

Got the standard Sony tape player in my '96 Golf and just haggled an old 10 disc changer off a lad at work today that'll fit straight on (tried it last night).

I was gonna fit this in the boot in the std position where abouts is that?

Is there a sneakier way of routing the cables other than down the sills under the carpet? I can't be doing with taking all the seats out!!

Cheers

Rob

:)

My standard fit 10 disc changer is on the back panel near the light unit on offside. first flat bit it can be mounted on.

Don't think that's the only place it could be mounted tho and if I was doing it myself may choose somewhere different.

HTH

Mark

If you've got the big glovebox, I always though that would be a trick place to mount a cd changer - never got round to it myself when I had the GTI.

But most people seemed to have them in the same place as ninja. The previous owner of my car did the same, and decided it would be a good idea to cut the corner out of the boot carpet too! GIMP! Thankfully I found a decent 2nd hand boot carpet!

Cheers guys, managed to fit it last night same place as ninja said.

Seemed to be a snug fit in the gap behind the light unit and have got away with velcro to fix it in so i can still move it to get to the back of the light to change bulbs etc...

Its such a joy routing the 3 cables through the car unseen!!

I can't believe how much better the stereo sounds playing CD's either!

:D

But most people seemed to have them in the same place as ninja. The previous owner of my car did the same, and decided it would be a good idea to cut the corner out of the boot carpet too! GIMP! Thankfully I found a decent 2nd hand boot carpet!

MRBen That GIMP did the same in my car &|

• 2 weeks later...