Bora 4Motion new to me first to check

Been a while since i had my VR6 Highline but im delving into the VR6 ownership once again.  This time im going to be diving in deep against every bit of sane guidance and going to buy a 2001 4motion with no service history and i havent even driven it, however for the price im willing to take the punt.  I know i know off my head but bugger it if its a total shed then i wont have lost much by scrapping it.  Hopefully i can save it and have another one avoid the crusher.

Car has covered 112K its been buggered around with its on coilovers cheap ones, it looks decent no oil leaks, oil seems decent its only issue is that there is an issue with the coilpack (i hope) and so this is my first thing to change.  My question is regards the 4motion system and timing chains, in the past i have had a couple of VR6's older ones a 1993 and a 1998, this one is a 2001 so been reading some saying that the chains can need replacing, on the older ones this was never an issues, one motor i had was on 164K and original chains the other was at 119K when i sold it.  So is there some difference with these newer models the 204bhp models that means the chains are strained or have VW introduced some other backword step again on these models?

The next question is on the drive, i read that the Haldex system needs oil change every 20K and oil and filter every 40K, so since i have no idea when this was last done whats the things to try first?  Take it run it in a circle and listen for some horrible sounds, anything else you can add?

What elese do i need to check over, brakes go without saying the car has sat idle for over a year.

Cheers

Mark

These timing chains are stronger than earlier vr6s but at some point they will need doing, so have a listen when it's running, Haldex oil change is every 20 with filter but don't forget the diff oil aswell, it's not permanent 4 wheel drive either so launch it make sure the Haldex clutch works hope this helps mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers for that, so was speaking to the lad that had the car before and he had the oils all changed about 3years ago so hopefully its not bad.  I will give it a change anyway, what i heard of it running the engine sounded ok no rattles but will get a better feel when i get it home.