i have just recently purchased a set! damn fine wheels. The problem is they currently are wearing 225/45/17s and when i put them on they rub like anybodies business on the back and when i put full lock on the front the last 1cm of tread hits the front of the skirt.

these are obviously the wrong size and would like to know which tyre size is best, bearing in mind i have just bought coilovers and plan to slam it down a bit!

forgot to mention that i am currently running team dynamic k2 wheels which are 17x7" with 205/40/17 and the audi rims are 17x7.5"

cheers,

nick :D

Looked into these wheels myself, as they are the db's for sure....you'll be able to stretch those existing 205/40/17's over the new Audi wheels and it will not only solve the problem but looking spankingly fine, too.

I have put 205/40/17's on my Borbet C 17x7.5 Alloys, so I know they will fit....hope that helps.

Ciao,

PERVERT

When I said stretch I didn't mean to confuse you at all, they will fit fine and shouldn't have any 'angles' on the tyre wall.

The only other car I've seen with these wheels on, was lowered with a set of FK coilovers...by at least 65mm, there was plenty of clearance and you need to remember when fitting coils...you wont have the rubbing as the entire unit is smaller in circumference to the usual spring and shock system.....BTW, the car in mention was using 205/40/17's and I test drove it as I wanted to buy it, trust me no problems at all.

Ciao,

PERV

Sounds like its in the bag Briscoe, depending on how low you take your ride of course.

You could also slap some negative camber on the front, not too much....by doing this you're not only ensuring your wheels fit in but you'll find the handling will improve too....Touring Car style. !lol

Ciao,

PERV

PS: post some pics when you done....would love to see the finished article.

I've got 205/40/17 on mine too and they only very rarely scrub at the back under heavy load, and even then, that's only because I've got spacers at the back to get the centre caps to fit flush because I didn't fancy hammering the hell out of the cap that covers the bit that goes into the centre of the wheel. You'll be fine.

they should look sweet then. as i dont have my coilovers till thursday i photoshopped the car to see what it look like with rims and coilovers.

heres a quick pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/astrap820/shop3.jpg

and i was bored on sunday and happen to have a spare 6 hours to hand

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/astrap820/DSCF0469.jpg

i have these wheels and all the did was rub on the back, i found out that is was on the bumper clip,just had the hub milled a little lol so they sit in a couple of mm, but not going on till they are polised as they got a bit marked while they where away.but done by a friend so couldnt moan.