Hello guys. Just finished my VRT Corrado project after a few years working on it. Forged internals, 6262 ball bearing Precision turbo, @ 28psi, Walbro 450 ,268TT turbo cams, 1000cc injectors, 7/16" fuel line, 3" exhaust, ngk bkr7e spark plugs gapped at .028, etc. Took it last week to D3 Performance & engineering in Houston, Tx. for a Dyno tuning, it sounds amazing and all, at first it dynoed at 440 whp, and after a couple more pulls we got 487whp, everybody happy and so, but then the guy checked the spark plugs and #4 ground electrode was melted, he replaced with a new one, tried it again, and it also melted it . so he said it could be a bad injector due to it maybe was leaning out , but the guy said I have plenty of fuel and the injectors running @ 50% duty cycle. We towed the car back home , removed the injectors thinking #4 was bad, and took them to a shop where they checked them out and all of them are perfectly good ( actually, they're new). we then put them back in the car, with all new plugs and wires, took it for a spin, it feels super strong, but when we came back home and checked on the plugs, #4 and also #6 was also melted the ground electrode. 

My question is, What could be the cause of it? If its not a bad injectors and its not leaning out, Could it be sonething to do with the timing or the tuning itself? BTW, Im using Megasquirt 1extra . 

Any help or advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

post-95576-0-39523300-1440463051_thumb.j This is how the plugs look when they came out.

• 2 months later...

Had this a couple of times before running bkr7e, after a few basic checks like injector flow and coilpack, even plug gapping, I ended up going to a colder plug, bcr8es and this solved the melting electrode issue but I ended up with poor cold starts. I just needed up living with it but never had a melted plug again. At 28psi on a 6262 I would expect to see over 500 at the wheels tbh so you have plenty left in those injectors, I would also make sure your pump is keeping up. You at 3 bar base fuel pressure?