Hi, i have an outstanding issue with your company in regards to what I believe is unfair cancellation fees. Basically I have cancelled my insurance with your company and am still expected to pay 90% of the premium for 5 months cover.

I approached you in regards to changing cars and after emails detailing my requirements I heard nothing back, I was forced into taking another policy with another firm.

I expect to pay something just not what your asking, total policy £335, paid £190 you now want another £117. To me that's unfair, especially when I'm referred to page 27 of t&c's, hence my post of read the small print.

Thanks for responding.

Steve

I've had a look at this and yes your insurer offers something called short period cancellation rates rather than pro-rata cancellation. It means that they retain greater chunks of the premium as time goes on than a proportional structure would necessitate. Just pointing you to a page in the policy booklet isn't really the best way to deal with it but maybe explains the rating structure more clearly. It is unfortunate that we didn't respond to your emails. Can you remember which address you sent them to?

Thanks Steve, I'm looking into this for you. Mel definitely passed the details on to ERS but I can't see their response anywhere. If it turns out it's the insurer's fault we'll be trying to get them to relax on the payment for you. Please chase me later on tomorrow (Weds) if you've not heard anything.

best,

Nick

We've arranged for this extra charge to disappear given that the insurer didn't come back with a price for the alteration and this is what caused you to arrange alternative cover. There's nothing else for you to pay. Glad we could sort this out for you.

best,

Nick

Edited by ChrisKnottIns

Thank you so much Nick!

awesome customer services! i will come back after my current policy expires! (if you will have me)

shame it took a grizzle on the forum to get a response but 110% satisfied!

thanks again

steve

i should change the post to "policy with anyone, read the small print!" as you can bet nobody does until there is an issue!

s

Thank you so much Nick!

awesome customer services! i will come back after my current policy expires! (if you will have me)

shame it took a grizzle on the forum to get a response but 110% satisfied!

thanks again

steve

i should change the post to "policy with anyone, read the small print!" as you can bet nobody does until there is an issue!

s

You're very welcome.