Hi All, just picked up a Rado VRT (pics to follow) a question for all you FI guys, what should the AFR reading be at idle? mines between 12.2 and 12.6 and smells very rich, it runs on an Emerald K3 ECU. 

the temp gauge doesnt work very well so first mission is new Stat, housing and both a 4 pin (to gauge) and 2 pin to ECU water temp sensors.

i am in the process of getting an RS232 cable so i can plug into a laptop has anyone got any tips?

here is original link for sale

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=539127

thanks for looking.

cheers

steve

Ok thanks UM.

Changed the 2 sensors today the temp gauge works now, well sort of! Leave it stationary temp gets to half way, go driving it drops to 75-80? Still got high idle (1100) and no change to AFR. Had a drive tonight and kept an eye on the gauge it never went above 13, only on run over when it goes to 22+. I was expecting it to be near stoic when cruising at 70 in 6th?

The wideband is an innovate MX which comes as gauge and probe, how often should they be calibrated? Site says every 3 months?

Any more suggestions where to start? The cable has arrived and I will pull the maps off and do some logging in the next few days.

It was apparently mapped at Emerald last year and the guy there is supposed to know his stuff, it has 3 maps and they are definitely different so doesn't seem to be defaulting to something basic.

Thanks in advance

Steve