Transmission Issues

On my way to work yesterday i was driving along when all of a sudden i didn't have any power when i pressed on the gas petal, but the car was still running. After a while i shut it off and restarted the engine and it drove fine. I'm worried it might do it again while I'm on the highway. Has this happened to anyone else? Could it be some kind of sensor in the transmission? Electrical Issues?

Any ideas?

This might be electrical then (well the first thing to check). Transmission control module has been know to cause issues (could even be a loose cable). Check that there is no oil leaking from the transmission as well. Intermittent problems are the worse to diagnose...

• 2 weeks later...

If you didn't have any power coming from the engine when you press the accelerator pedal, it is very unlikely to do with the automatic transmission.

If the engine was producing power, but it seemed like you wern't going places, then it could have been the transmission had gone into the emergency programme and stuck in 3rd gear. That would manifest itsself at lower speeds more but even at 60mph or so it can feel strange because it is stuck in 3rd Hydraulic and you are losing a lot of power to heat in the torque converter!

VAGCOM both ECU and TCU :)

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem with my Vr automatic

I was driving one day and I lost all speed so I pulled up and turned car off and then started it again

It started to move again but stop about ten mins after and never moved after that any suggestion about that

?

Could do with the help

Thanks Steven