Another colour query!!

I have searched the foum and found what I think is my colour code (my service book is in dutch/german because the car was a parallel import &| )

LC9Z which appears to be a highline colour, but my car is not a Highline - did they do standard VR6s in this colour too?

I have just been to halfrauds to get a touch up kit (before getting the code!!) and bought a diamond black pearlescent one as they only list 2 blacks against VW - I take it this is not correct and i'll need to replace it tomorrow?!

I can't finad any mention of diamond black anywhere on vr6 paint codes.

cheers,

Steven.

LC9Z wasn't exclusive to highlines, there's about 4 or 5 different versions of it the one called diamond black was I believe used on mk4s! best bet is to go to a proper paint shop where they will have paint swatches of each mix that you can match to your car and get a can mixed up

LC9Z is Black Magic

It wasn't the black that was used on Highlines in Europe. In Europe (according to the German Dealer Highline Brochure) it was just Black with a clear coat (code L041).

Unless this is another difference between the UK and Europe. Where as Europe calls it 'Black Magic' and in the UK its called 'Diamond Black'. As every European site refers to it as Black Magic even on the New Mk5 Golf!!

Maybe its just a halfords thing but I wouldnt be surprised if VW gave a different name to each mix of the same code!

My Syncro is LC9Z as was my highline but I fitted the painted rear spoiler from my old highline to my syncro and close up the metallic/pearl effect is noticeably different