hi all,have a dilemma ! my door has been dented it has altered the plane of the window so i get a slight air vibration above 80mph.

My option is to find a good dent man and have the bottom part of the door resprayed, or replace the door, anyone replaced a door before? obviousely i'm looking for the cheaper option but not to the detrement of the car, cheers1117969035_1853_FT0_vr62.jpg

I replaced 3 doors (driver's + 2 rear) and the tailgate on my old 5-door VR, all by myself. Was not too bad.

On a 3-door, the doors are bigger and heavier so an assistant will be required to hold it in place while you bolt it up. It bolts to the car using 4 torx bolts + 1 10mm hex bolt for the check strap.

The door is aligned by closing the door and adjusting the hinges (at the front) and the strike bolt (at the rear). You have to take the front wing off so that you can get to the hinge bolts while the door is closed.

With the door on and aligned, you can then just transfer the glass, winder mechanism, wiring, mirror and handles over to the new door, which isn't too hard. It all just unbolts (8mm and 10mm hex bolts) and no specific alignemnent is necessary for the glass.

Try to get a door that is the same colour as your car. You will proably still need to have it resprayed & blended, as your chances of getting a 100% match with a metallic colour are slim, but the respray will only have to be to the outside of the door and any scratches, stone chips etc that you get later will not show a different colour underneath.