Weird very very weird your thoughts please

Hi all , I bought my wife a vr6 corrado last week needing a bit of Tlc it's had a v6 24 valve conversion done on the car , and everything was running great when I picked her up but yes always a but , there was a very loud clicking noise coming from the nsr panel ?? The car was then struggling to start so done a obd check showed fuel pump relay , wich I replaced , car still wod struggle to start so more head scratching ???

I then removed the rear panel were the clicking noise was coming from , to find two 30 amp relays , I did the old one of tapping them etc , still no joy .

So I then took both of them out and tried starting the car ? It started straight away ? . I've since found out that these relays are for the heated leather seats . So why would they affect the car starting in any form shape or manor is beyond me . Yes it's had an engine conversion but I'm scratching my head as to what these would have to do with the ignition of the car , any thoughts please as the wife really don't want to get rid me I'm just banging my head of a wall thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the long story