2000 Jetta VR6

Had a shop look at it, cylinders 1,3,5 are not firing. Plugs all get spark..mechanic noted that the rear 3 seem to have heavier spark than the front 3, compression checks out at 125 across all cylinders. Nothing came on during the scan and mechanic believes there is nothing mechanically going on with it. Changed out coil pack and wires before he had a look, made no difference...help!

This all occurred from one start to the next, running perfect to this 2 hrs later..I'm stumped

Maybe the ECU is not providing the correct pulses to the coil pack. Maybe try resetting the ECU. Disconnect the battery at both terminals and then connect the leads together for a couple of minutes. Failing that, maybe you need to get the ECU checked out.

If they have compression and they are getting a spark then I would be checking that the injector wiring looks ok and that those 3 injectors are getting power then swap injector 1 with injector 2 and and see what one doesnt fire then. Thats what I had to do and it turned out 3 injectors where goosed

• 3 weeks later...